Wednesday 23 September 2009

Using a VLE as a website

When I was setting up www.frenchalevel.com I tried out a couple of content management systems such as joomla and drupal but decided that, despite making some progress, it would be easier to use moodle with which I'm much more familiar. The Aardvark theme by Shaun Daubney at Newbury college allows you to use tabs so moodle immediately looks more like a website. I'm sure there are some other tweaks I could make too as time goes by. I liked this one from a school I visited today http://vle.shuttleworth.lancs.sch.uk/ It would be interesting to find out which vle is being used by visitors to this blog and whether they are using the it for MFL. I have a lot of experience with different vle's including uniservity, digitalbrain, serco, fronter, moodle, kaleidos and talmos. Anyone out there using It's learning. That's always looked very good and straightforward to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment