Tuesday 22 September 2009

Finally finished covering the 8 films on WJEC prescribed essay list


When I decided to set up http://www.frenchalevel.com/  I thought that providing thorough materials for students and teachers to help mine the content of the films to explore grammatical structures would be a good thing.  Approximately 100 hours later I am still convinced that this is a  good approach-the three areas I have covered for each film are:-



  • a summary of about 5 pages in which learners fill in the verbs-in any tense the teacher wishes



  • a set of different adjectives to describe the character traits of the more important personnages with exercises into French and into English



  • an exercise concentrating on actual extracts of the film and converting them into indirect speech

I'm planning to produce further exercises on each film including obviously on the themes, learners' opinions on the motivation of characters and finally how to plan and write an essay-but not full essays which the more "dependent" might learn by heart.

I am going to make these available at a modest price with a view to funding further development such as recording French people giving their opinion on all kinds of aspects of the films.  I don't want to have advertising on the site apart from the Amazon video and book shops.







No comments:

Post a Comment