Monday 31 May 2010

Resources galore from Nice

A beautiful week in Nice in a flat overlooking the harbour with plenty of balcony time has reminded me of all the things I love about the country after staycationing last year.  Having now got back into creating resources for alevelfrench.com of course I was on the hunt for good stuff to recommend or convert and picked up some good dvds particularly.    Number one was a TV series I hadn't heard of and which I hope is going to be good Un Village Français Series One and Two.   It cost me 35 euros from Carrefour-although it's 4 dvds and 10 programmes I think. It also has some pedagogical stuff on it too on a number of areas.


Second very interesting film is Home a birds eye view of the history of our world which brings current environmental issues into perspective.  It's absolutely beautiful down to the use of language and a high level (literally!) scientific overview.  I think many students would get a lot out of this especially if they haven't been watching all the BBC scientific epics.



The third video is a four part series "Musulmans en France" taking the long view of Muslim influence in the country.    Unfortunately there isn't a trailer for this online.



No comments:

Post a Comment