Monday 4 January 2010

Listening exercises-Europe un

The quantity of listening activities which can be accessed is so huge that's it's important to make a sensible selection in my opinion and concentrating on building resources around these.   I've found some of the Europe Un Environment slot podcasts promising from the point of view of being up to date and relevant-there is plenty of a seasonal nature and they are shortish-only a couple of minutes. 

 I am planning to build up a set of exercises based around exam skills for the Environment podcasts.  This will rely on people using the A level French resources from my site getting their students to subscribe to the relevant podcast so they have got it available-unless I can come to some agreement with Europe Un.  I shall also be searching out linked reading resources of various kinds which I think I will adapt so that they are not the original.   Students will then be able to build their language use up out of a combination of the listening and the written resource.

Grammar and written/spoken exercises will then be triggered by these comprehension-phew this sounds like hard work although if I limit myself to the best two podcasts of the week this should not be too strenuous.   Also, some French national teachers might be interesting in coming on board to share the work/income from the site as it goes commercial.  Over the next day or two I'll make some examples available on the front page of www.Alevefrench.com to get feedback on.

I also intend to use the Interlex progam to build up new vocabulary sets to go with the exercises.   I guess the biggest challenge is to do listening exercises which complement the most commonly used exam boards ....so not much to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment